While shopping for poker supplies, it’s easy to get caught up in the hype and expensive prices that many retailers charge. However, it’s possible to find some cheap regular priced supplies. I’m sure you have a favorite gaming supply store near you but if you don’t have one near you, you can always consider making a small impulse purchase.
When you buy cheap poker supplies, you don’t get that membercard, you don’t get that handsome poker chip set, and you definitely don’t get life-like quality chips. However, there are some really good inexpensive poker supplies that still provide all of the items mentioned above.
First of all, you can buy poker chips that are made out of clay. Chips made out of clay are by far the best because they are the softest and also most durable. You can also buy poker chips in a clear plastic case, which is far less attractive than the clay chips.
You can also buy poker chips in a convenient storage case that can be moved to wherever you want to play. You can get a poker chip rack that holds 5 to 8 poker chips, which is great for the traveling poker players that also enjoy the casino afapoker chips.
There are also poker chip sets that can be customized with your own logo or images. Of course, you can also buy sets that are more typical and less creative, so you can buy the best chips for the next big game.
Counterfeit poker chips are also available, especially on the internet, which is easily identified by their lower quality. It just takes a little effort to find those that aren’t sold by casinos and other large retail stores.
Here are a few additional tips to buying cheap poker chips:
- When purchasing chips, try to purchase sets that are affordable. The best affordable chips are those that are plastic based and stack very well.
- Stay away from manufacturing websites that might be mis steer you away from cheap chips. Like most things, they are expensive and not exactly what you think they are.
- Be sure that you purchase your cheap poker chips from a trusted seller. Ask your friends and other poker players that you know use them and ask them what they think of them. You should also ask around to find out what other people think of the chips.
- You can also buy 100 poker chips at around $1.00 to $1.50 per chip. Although these are quite expensive, you can buy more than one set if you want to.
- Make sure that you know the size of the chip that you are purchasing because they are not all the same. Especially on the poker tables, you want to purchase the biggest chip sets.
- The edge of the chip is also another factor to consider. Have you decided how many points are on the chip and how many cents to the dollar.
While you can’t determine if you will win any of the poker games you participate in, you can be certain that when you invest your hard earned poker chips, you will be well ahead of the others. Always set a financial goal when you play poker. This should be an amount of money that you can afford to lose without worrying about it. Only after you have spent this money on your favorite game do you feel that you have achieved your goal.